All School Start Up information will be completed online as we are eco-friendly & where possible 100% cashless & paperless.
NOTE: the forms are not available at this time, more information will be communicated to families through School Messenger/NewsWire.
In order to eliminate confusion, please read all of the following information carefully.
If you do not already have a School Cash Online account, please go to https://wcdsb.schoolcashonline.com and register. If you are new to School Cash Online, visit our helpful School Cash Online webpage and get setup.
The following 2020-2021 School Start Up forms are MANDATORY and will be accessible through School Cash Online:
NOTE: the forms are not available at this time, we will notify all families via School Messenger/NewsWire when School Cash Online is open for the 2020/2021 Start-up Forms.
- Required for ALL Students – Pay the Student Activity Fee $50 (and optional $25 yearbook)
- Required for ALL Students – Informed Consent Permission Form for Intramurals
- ** Required for ALL Students – Student Image, Video or Voice Recording incl. Media Use Consent Form
** THIS FORM MUST BE COMPLETED if you would like to be included in the Yearbook.
- Required for ALL students – Critical Medical Alert Form (to identify dangerous, life threatening conditions)
- Gr. 10 to Gr. 12 Students Only – Parent Consent Form for Experiential Learning Trips
- Gr. 12 Students Only – Post-Secondary Institutions Disclosure of Information Consent Form
- Gr. 9 and New Students Only – Responsible Use of Technology & Electronic Data Access Form
Student Information Verification * New for the 2020-2021 school year, the Student Information Verification form will be accessible and verified through a Parent Portal.
* We will notify all families via School Messenger/NewsWire (including instructions) when the Parent Portal is available.
READ ONLY—these documents are not posted on School Cash Online but are available for you to read for your information.
* APC023- Student Personal Information, Collection/Use/Disclosure Notice – READ ONLY
* Violence Threat Risk Assessment Link READ ONLY
* Student Handbook will be updated through the summer and posted under the ‘Parent’ tab
Timetable Distribution & Photos:
* NOTE: Consent must be provided through the Student Image, Video or Voice Recording Including Media Use – Consent form in order to appear in the yearbook.
Tuesday, September 8, 2020 – First Day of School
Please check www.stswr.ca for further information during the last week of August. You will need your child’s OEN number. The OEN number can be found on the student report card. Visit https://stdavid.wcdsb.ca/ (under the ‘Parents’ tab) for detailed instructions on how to Login and Subscribe to alerts at STSWR.
Wednesday, September 9, 2020
Full Uniform Begins: Students are expected to be in full uniform throughout the entire school day including before school & lunchtime. The complete Dress Code Policy can be found in the Student Handbook (on the school website the last week of August) – please take time to review the information contained in the handbook. Students will not be admitted to class if they are out of uniform.
The entire uniform can be ordered through our uniform supplier, McCarthy’s whose store is located at 44 Saltsman Drive, Unit #1, Cambridge. The store phone number is 416-593-6900 or toll-free number is 1-800-668-8261.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING COURSE CHANGE REQUESTS:
Grade 9 and New Students: TBA
If your son/daughter will be absent from school, please call the 24-hour attendance line at 519-885-4352 the day of the absence. If this is not possible provide him/her with a written note the day he/she returns to school.
An automated calling system will call to inform you of any unexplained absences and lates.
You are asked to verify all unexplained absences with the Main Office.
- A parent may not give students permission to not attend class but still be in the building in places like the library, washroom, hallway & sports field for any reason as this becomes a safety and supervision issue.
- Only school coaches and school event organizers can provide attendance validation for missed classes.
- If the student is on school property, but not in their assigned classroom, the absence from class will be recorded as a truant and the related consequences will apply.
How to check attendance:
Safe and Secure School:
A safe and secure school is the desire of all who attend and work at St. David. The Waterloo Catholic District School Board has issued a policy and procedures document to assist students in helping create this environment. It is your responsibility as students and parent/guardians to make yourselves aware of school policies and expectations, and to seek clarification on areas you do not understand. Our goal is to have an environment that focuses upon learning.
All parents and visitors to the school must report to the main office to sign in.
As part of the diploma requirements, students must complete a minimum of forty (40) hours of community involvement during their years in the secondary school program. If your son or daughter is currently in grades 9, 10 or 11 this summer would be an ideal time for them to complete some of their community involvement hours. Students do not need to wait until they have all 40 hours before handing them in to Guidance, please submit as they are completed.
Students who choose to participate in sports will pay a team fee for each team they play on. The fees range from $60 and up (depending on the sport(s) played during the school year). There is also a $10 Athletic Banquet fee collected with a student’s first team fee.
No one can smoke including e-cigarettes and vaporizers, anywhere on school property or Board provided transportation. Students who disregard this rule may be suspended from school.
Follow us on…. Twitter – @StDavidCeltics and Instagram at stdavidcss and Newswire
Please go to the St. David website homepage and about halfway down there is a place to enter your email address to subscribe to our mailing list (Newswire) to receive news releases, updates, activities and opportunities. Some of these events, such as fundraising initiatives, may contain a commercial element. You may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of each email.
School Cash Online:
Secure online payments for school activities
With School Cash Online, you can approve permission forms and make payments for school initiatives with your Credit Card, eCheque or Interac using the device most convenient for you.
REGISTER ONLINE SIGN IN
Parent Portal & Transportation/Bus Information:
Transportation details for the new school year will be available on during the last week of August.
Parents can login and view their child’s transportation details by going to www.stswr.ca and following these 5 easy steps:
- Click on “Student Login”
- Enter your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN)
– This can be found on your child’s report card
– Numbers only, no space, no dash
- Enter your child’s birth date
- Enter your child’s street number
– House number only
- Select the school your child is attending from the drop down menu
Please note: any address changes need to be done through the school.
If you are moving this summer or change caregiver arrangements for the fall, you should communicate the change of address to your son/daughters school before the end of the school year.
You can also visit www.stswr.ca to see bus delays and cancellations, subscribe to receive e-mail notifications for late buses and closures and follow STSWR on Twitter.
Please review the ‘Uniform’ section in the current ‘Student Handbook’ (found under the ‘Parent’ tab).
Uniform Supplier = McCarthy’s.
Used Uniform Sale
The St. David Catholic School Advisory Council will be holding a ‘Used Uniform Sale’, more information will be sent out as plans are finalized.