Though you will be wearing the uniform to school almost 100% of the time you attend St. David’s, there are also some Non-Uniform days. Civvies days and Spirit wear days.
- Uniforms need to be clean and in good condition.
- Pants, capris, and shorts are to be worn around the waist. Shorts are not to be rolled up. The St. David emblem must always be visible.
- All athletic wear is to be left in the student’s locker and is not to be worn in the school at any time.
- For safety reasons, open toed or heeled footwear may not be worn in the Art, Science, or Technology areas.
- Uniforms are to be worn on all school excursions or trips unless permission is granted by the principal.
- No accessories are to be added to the uniform.
- Upon entering the school, all non-uniform items must be removed and placed in the student’s locker.
- Hats, toques and hoods are not to be worn in the building. Head attire worn for a culturally relevant hair care purpose, or for religious purposes are permitted.
SPIRIT WEAR DAYS
Spirit wear days occur every Wednesday.
Spirit wear is defined as Celtics approved club, team or event shirts and has the words “St. David” or “Celtics” or the school logo on them.
Spirit wear shirts must be worn with regular uniform pants, capris, or shorts.
- Several times a year, mainly as charity fundraisers, students are permitted to wear non-uniform clothing to class.
- Clothing choices must be appropriate for a Catholic school learning environment.
Students are not able to wear tank tops or sleeveless shirts, short shorts, crop tops or bare midriffs, and no undergarments showing. Students will need to change if their attire does not meet these parameters.
- School administration reserves the right to send those students home whose choice of attire is not in keeping with the above guidelines.