Here’s some information from the Burger King Scholars Program (copied from their website). Click on graphic to link to their website. Application period is open now and closes on December 15th.
“The requirements to become a BURGER KING℠ Scholar are simple. You must apply within the application period, and fit the prerequisites below:
- Have a strong academic record with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5,
- Be passionate about serving the community, and
- Be a high school senior, BURGER KING® employee, spouse/domestic partner or child of an employee.
High school students should be graduating seniors with plans to attend a two- or four-year accredited university, college or vocational-technical school in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico. BK® employees can further their education by using the scholarship for non-degree courses such as accounting, computer or language courses.
If you want to go a step further, the McLamore Family Foundation created the James W. McLamore WHOPPER® Scholarship Award, granting a $50,000 scholarship to three students each year since 2011. The four-year scholarship is intended to help the top students that apply achieve their educational and professional goals, along with serving as a tribute to Jim himself. Here are the details:
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada,
- Have graduated from high school within the last three years or be a full-time student who is a senior at a high school or home school in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico,
- Students who are applying as a full-time freshman to a four-year accredited, college or university that is located in the United States and is exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code,
- Students who have a cumulative unweighted grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.3,
- Students who have a minimum ACT Composite score of 25 or a minimum combined SAT score of 1700,
- Students who demonstrate an active leadership role in community service, athletics, and/or similar co-curricular activity (such as student government, team sports, fraternal life, etc); and,
- Students who demonstrate substantial work experience.
Scholarships range from $1,000 to $50,000 and the application window is open from October 15 to December 15 each year. Click here for more.“